Monday, July 10, 2006

I Believe Oral Examiners Are Out To Kill

First thing i noticed as we were waiting outside the hall, all exminers were FEMALE, and there i was, about to cry. Male examiners, on the day after WORLD CUP FINALS, would have been "Oh i can barely keep myself awake... OI! ZHAO LIANG, did u hear him make mistakes while reading the passage?" Zhao Liang:"zZzZzzz.. what?... err......... he did very well..."

Then for the conversation they would be like "Ok so how do u feel about blahblah............ "
Then u talk for a while, moments later if you do look up, u would find them playing with their handphones, staring through you, digging nose, basically slacking, though I still have no idea whether they are just putting on an act.

Female examiners are out to kill, literally.
They dont even give a damn about the world cup, thus they should be wide awake while conducting the oral exam. Secondly, they stare at you blank in the eyes, expecting u to return the stare (and its seriously hard to do so). Thirdly, they give u full attention.

Imagine a scene when u had TWO female examiners (like me and my poor batch)
Sitting to your left, is a China middle-aged woman, who for the sake of all, has an accent.
Sitting to your right, is a young looking woman, and your first impression of her is "Please, stop staring at me, and please, STOP SHOWING ME THAT ACT CUTE FACE."

So there I was waiting for your turn, and I was the 5th last student. (i fell asleep for 3 mins)
Then when it was my turn, my went there. YAY! I actually managed to read the passage within the 5 mins allotted.
Good afternoon, they acted like they heard me but didnt care. It was then only did I notice the China woman's accent was irritating, the stares they gave were enough to make my soup turn cold. Its that horrible.
The only thing i could focus on was looking at the basket of sweets layed in the middle of the tables.

I got a passage about "Wu Jie Lu" (Orchard road if u don't know -.-)
I also got a conversation topic on something like "Nowadays teenagers persue material stuff.
Eg. Branded clothes, bags, shoes, etc."

I paniced a bit and I actually said I agree, which i think wasnt supposed to be said, now im sad, because i felt the teachers actually looked puzzled on what marks should i get, though i think there was someone worser, as soon as he/she left, the teachers started sniggering.

Im that sad. =(

So i leave u in awe of the biggest BBQ grill ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home