Thursday, March 29, 2007

Survivor @ Changi, Innova orientation camp

Went to school on the 26th with camping bags etc.
Assembly, short briefing, then board the bus to MOE changi coast something.

1st Day
Sea activity, kayaking. From changi coast to bedok jetty, thats damn far. Everyone was paired up, so everyone set off on 2 seater kayaks. 3 mins of paddling and my kayak capsized, hehe i paddled too hard, first time paddling, then kinda excited. Then had to flip the kayak and etc. That was rather time consuming and so me and my partner were put a short distance between the others.

Then suddenly an ODAC(Outdoor Activities Club) member paddled up to us and told us to head back and do a swap with another kayak pair, who both were overweight, 1 of them obese. They already capsized 4 times over a timeframe of like 5 mins? Tsk.

I was seated in the front and my friend was at the back at that time, so my friend went over to take the front of their kayak and the obese guy take the back of my kayak. So we paddled off to rejoin the others, and after 2 mins of paddling, my kayak capsized. Speedboat came to pick ups up. The obese guy decided not to trouble me and wanted to go back to shore, so I stayed on the speed boat, to take the place of anyone else who wished to go back to shore.

After a while of speeding around to find people that needed help, the speedboat needed to go on ahead and do some stuff, so I got transferred to a motor boat. :) Motorboat went ahead to 3 kayaks, 2 ODACs with single seat kayaks and 1 double seat kayak. Watched the double seat kayak struggle to keep straight, the 2 girls were stubborn and didnt want to pair up as suggested "1 boy, 1 girl". They kept going to the left or the right, never straight.

5 mins of watching them and an ODAC member felt giddy, so she went on the motorboat, woohoo, they let me get on the single seat kayak. Then i was told to paddle towards the others who were already nearing Bedok jetty, and I was like only 1/4 of the journey and I needed to catch up with ppl who were at 5/6 of the journey. Then I paddled towards them alone, no motorboat near me, even though they said "should not be alone on the seas, dangerous." Maybe they see me paddle well. :)

Reached the others when they were bringing kayaks to shore, and i was like 30m away from them. Ah, I wonder how did I catch up with them. I must have good speed :D

I think I managed to get the most out of the activity when compared to everyone, I experienced a double seat kayak, even though it was only for around 10 mins. Sat on a speedboat, a motorboat, and got a single seat kayak. Then paddled alone without supervision for the whole stretch :)

Then had to paddle back to changi coast woohoo, keep on banging into other ppl's kayaks.
YAY muscle aching



Day 2

Orienteering @ Ubin

Went to pulau ubin for my first time, heh. The boat ride was nice.


Then had some activities which made us run about the island just to find checkpoints and take photographs of the required poses to fufill the checkpoint. Then it was hot, tiring and maybe a bit miserable but overall it was rather nice.

Took the boat back to forgot where. Then bus from forgot where to changi. =)

Went back and had a small break, then had dragon boating activities, woohoo so much more fun than kayaking, and less tiring. Weee, won the dragon boat race between 3 classes, my class came in first place. YAY muscle aching even more

Then we had the improvised rafting activity and etc, helped a bit on carrying and rope tying, nothing much, most of the work was done by the rest of the class, can't blame me, 21 ppl working on 1 raft is a really large number. Anyway too many people working on the raft already, better not block the way and help when they need it. :)

Day 3

Packed and went home, end of story. Im lazy to list the unimportant events that happened. Pictures will do.




And heres some other random pics

Bite me : )

"Oh look, a small ego boy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home