Monday, March 10, 2008

Obsession

Its an evil thing.

If you are obsessed with something, you have both desire and the intention for it.

Here's something interesting today from cell group.
Whats the difference between desire and intention?

Desire: Want, yearn to have
Intention: Willingness to act

Normally we want a change but we keep wondering why don't we change even though we know we need to change. Ahah! The problem is that there's only the desire to change, not any intention to change. So what we would need is intention but then there's also the problem of complacency. We all are complacent and don't like change, so why bother with change even if we desire to change? That's just being human, we are full of conflicting ideas.

Back to obsession.

When people are obsessed, they want something and feel that they must absolutely have it and thus they will do anything to get their goal. Its scary how obsession can ruin a person. Even simple obsessions can control anyone. Oh I want an A for mother tongue, but I didn't get an A! I want a distinction for mother tongue Oral but I got an A and a merit! Boohoo.

Ok maybe that's a little extreme. Something milder would be like "Mommy! Mommy! I want that sweet! I must have that sweet! Everyone else has tried that sweet once! MOMMY!"
What would happen when Mommy refuses? Little Billy over here will start wailing and begging for that sweet.

Its hard to see a mature person bounded by obsession, but it happens everywhere. "I NEED A GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND!" "I MUST HAVE THAT JOB POSITION" "I MUST HAVE THAT PERSON AS MY GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND"

Ok, those actually might be the immature people who are not acting right for their age.

Obsessions suck. After realising that you have no power to obtain that thing/person/job/whatever will normally cause depression or self-hate/pity. Only the truly matured and strong ones probably will be unaffected. As I would quote: "Life goes on"


Well, here's my story.

I walked out of "Young Immatures of Teenage" into the exhibition hall of a museum "College Life". I set my eyes upon a jewel. I desired its beauty and immediately thought of plans to steal it from that prized glass casing. The exhibition would last around a week. I had a lot of time to formulate the perfect plan, the plan would be so flawless, so smooth, no one else would have thought of it, there will be no opposition, the jewel will be MINE.

The next day, I entered the same exhibition hall. I saw the jewel once more in its spot and began to notice its surroundings, almost as if the jewel was looking at me and that I was too shy to return the gaze. I began to notice how light would shine on the jewel and the jewel reflecting it unto the walls, giving warmth to the whole room. I began making plans and hypothesizing as to how I would obtain that jewel and get away with it. The plan was set, it will be executed the following day during the exhibition itself, I would claim the jewel for MYSELF!

I went back home to make preparations. Hours upon hours were spent reciting the plan to myself. As I laid back to relax, I thought of the plan, the jewel and its wonderful green glow. I had already begun making preparations to tell everyone of how I obtained this special jewel. Oh the beautiful jewel, its price escaping my lips. After hours of wonderful daydreaming and excitement I finally retired for the night with ecstatic thoughts of the jewel being there waiting just for ME.

I entered "College Life" yet again, this time with the intention to remove the jewel from its prized glass casing, escaping through the roof, dodging the security and finally escaping in my helicopter. I skipped like a child, gleefully into the room and then I set my eyes upon the glass box where the beautifully crafted green jewel was.



NO!

The plan! Was it all for naught? WHERE IS MY JEWEL? I WANT IT!
I had loved and lost, all on the same day. - Li-Ann. The Leap Years(2008)

It scares me, the strength of that very obsession.

If there would be anyone with a crazier and stronger obsession, that someone would be a loser, had gotten rejected twice by females who looked like males, fell out of a JC just to go into poly. That person will also be hated by all, loved by none, get spit on by others and have his ass kicked, in other words, a complete loser with negative social status.

Then again, where could you find such a loser in the world? Surely no one could be so miserable and fucked up, or is there someone just as pathetic as this?

:)

PS: Any resemblances or similarities to anyone living or dead is PURELY coincidental and not meant to hurt anyone or anything. My ass.

Hey, I actually started this post at 12:00AM and finished typing it at 1:00AM exactly. Isn't that cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home